New products Autodesk Build and Autodesk Takeoff now available on cloud-based platform that connects data, workflows and teams, empowering construction companies to achieve better business outcomes
TOKYO, May 9, 2022 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) today announced the expansion of Autodesk Construction Cloud, a powerful cloud-based construction management solution, in Japan with the introduction of Autodesk Build and Autodesk Takeoff. The expansion builds on the established Asia Pacific and worldwide success of Autodesk Construction Cloud, which is trusted on more than 2.4 million construction projects globally.
Autodesk Construction Cloud is a single secure platform that connects workflows, teams and data at every stage of construction to reduce risk, maximize efficiency and increase profits. Products now available in Japan include Autodesk Build, purpose-built field management software that makes information immediately available across the entire construction team, and Autodesk Takeoff, a comprehensive 2D and 3D quantification tool for accurate estimating during preconstruction.
“There is a huge opportunity for Japan’s construction industry to drive better business outcomes using advanced technology,” said Tomy Praveen, Regional Director, Autodesk Construction Solutions Asia Pacific. “In an increasingly digitized construction industry, project stakeholders and data need to be connected so companies can effortlessly collaborate, reduce rework and win more business. With the expansion of Autodesk Construction Cloud, construction teams in Japan now have a comprehensive construction management platform to manage all data centrally through every stage of the building lifecycle, from design to construction.”
Built on a unified platform and common data environment, Autodesk Construction Cloud empowers general contractors, specialty trades, designers and owners across Japan to drive better business outcomes such as more accurate resource planning, reduced labor hours on a jobsite and an improved handover experience once the project is complete. With Autodesk Construction Cloud, construction teams now have access to data in one central and secure location to simplify collaboration, proactively anticipate project changes and provide data-driven guidance for organizational improvement.
“Having a centralized location for data across our team is important to stay connected, coordinated and enable better project outcomes,” said Yoshin Minagawa, Senior Executive Officer, Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd. “We have been using BIM 360 as a common data environment but we were able to test Autodesk Build before it launched in Japan. We realized that Autodesk Build is a simple, easy-to-use solution that brings together the best of BIM 360 and PlanGrid to help our team achieve outstanding results across projects. It allows for better communication and cost control throughout the project, not only in design but also on the construction site. Autodesk Build improves the speed and quality of work by linking key documents to critical construction workflows and processes.”
Products available in Japan from April 2022:
- Autodesk Build – Comprehensive field and project management software that connects project data across the construction lifecycle in a single solution. Easy to deploy, adopt and use, Autodesk Build provides teams with cloud collaboration environment where information sharing and workflows are both tightly controlled and highly configurable.
- Autodesk Takeoff – Empowers estimators to perform 2D and 3D quantification workflows from a common data environment to increase collaboration, speed and accuracy during the estimation process.
Other Autodesk Construction Cloud products currently available in Japan include:
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate – Allows teams to manage the entire design collaboration and coordination process – including model review and markups, clash detection, issue management and design change analysis – within a single, cloud-based common data environment.
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro – co-authoring, design collaboration, and coordination software for AEC teams and design authors who require anytime, anywhere co-authoring access in Revit, Civil 3D, and Plant 3D.
- Assemble – Empowers stakeholders to condition and connect BIM data to design reviews, estimating, change management, scheduling, work-in-place tracking and more.
As part of the unified Autodesk Construction Cloud platform, every product is reinforced by:
- Autodesk Docs – Underpins the common data environment for every unified product with centralized document management, providing users with seamless navigation and integrated workflows to create a single source of truth across the project lifecycle.
- Insight – Delivers analytics from the data collected and analyzed, as well as the ability to export that data; encompasses Construction IQ artificial intelligence to identify and mitigate risk.
- Administration – Provides centralized user management and permissioning, templates and other tools for project setup, and a single authentication method for any unified product.
“With the construction industry in Japan severely impacted by the pandemic, the industry will need to recover quickly with better collaboration and remote process management. Technology will support scalability including risk management and efficiencies, helping the industry to rebuild and advance as needed,” concluded Mr. Praveen.
Autodesk is changing how the world is designed and made. Our technology spans architecture, engineering, construction, product design, manufacturing, media and entertainment, empowering innovators everywhere to solve challenges big and small. From greener buildings to smarter products to more mesmerizing blockbusters, Autodesk software helps our customers to design and make a better world for all. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Construction Cloud, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2022 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.