We’re thrilled to announce that the Autodesk University 2020 is now open for registration — free to all who attend! Created with the theme of reimagining what’s possible, this year’s all-virtual experience is packed with sessions that open you up to the top technologies and trends in construction, engineering, design, and more.
AU 2020 takes place starting November 17. Hundreds of classes will be available over the course of the week, and you’ll get a front-row seat to all the exciting announcements and insightful sessions at this year’s event.
Be sure to check out the AU 2020 agenda and mark your calendars. (Spoiler alert: There are major announcements happening on day 1 of Autodesk University! Don’t miss out on the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction keynote to watch the news unfold live.)
Aside from showing you the future of Autodesk Construction Cloud, AU also has sessions on how to get the most out of products like Assemble, BuildingConnected, BIM 360, and PlanGrid. Whether you’re new to Autodesk or you’re a seasoned user, you’ll pick up some useful tips and insights that will improve your productivity and output on the site.
Let’s look at our top picks for AU attendees who want to learn about the future of Autodesk Construction Cloud.
Note this current session list is a preview only and is not comprehensive. Check our full list here. Additionally, many sessions are available in multiple languages. Be sure to sort by Language in the session list.
Speaker: John Sanner, Technical Marketing Manager, Autodesk
First unveiled at AU 2019, Autodesk Construction Cloud is a suite of the most powerful construction management software products in the industry. The platform supports all phases of construction from design and planning to building and operations.
Over the past 12 months, Autodesk worked on improving Assemble, BuildingConnected, BIM 360, and PlanGrid. We’re tightening up the integrations between these products to keep your workflows seamless and unified. This session will showcase all the improvements that we’ve made to Autodesk Construction Cloud; you’ll get a look at the various workflows supported by the platform, and you’ll gain ideas on how you and your team can use the software in your projects.
Attend the session to:
- Learn all about Autodesk Construction Cloud and the many ways that you can utilize the platform
- See the advancements made over the last year, and what our vision is for the future
- See the roadmap for Autodesk Construction Cloud to discover what’s next for the platform
Speaker: Ted Jennings, Senior VDC Manager, Barton Malow Holdings
Deploying technology can be overwhelming, especially for enterprise organizations. In this session, you’ll hear from Ted Jennings, Senior VDC Manager at Barton Malow Holdings, one of the U.S.’s largest construction companies, with 96 years of continuous operation under its belt.
Discover how Barton Malow overcame the challenges that came with deploying and scaling technology. This class will show you the steps that the company took to modernize and transform business development through project operations. Barton Malow will shed light on how the firm scaled the deployment of tools like BIM 360, BuildingConnected, and Assemble.
You’ll also learn how to foster a “super-user” base to promote adoption and scale. Plus, discover how to deploy enterprise tools such as Microsoft Teams, learning management systems, and more.
Finally, Barton Malow will discuss the metrics that inform the company’s strategy when scaling technology within the firm.
This session will enable you to:
- Learn how to engage “super-users” and early adopters in your company
- Discover the right methods when it comes to scaling adoption of new technologies
- Learn how to measure insights about your userbase to inform your technology strategy
- Discover the strategies for how to grow technology in your organization
Speaker: Anna Lazar, Strategic Alliances & Partnerships, Autodesk
Did you know that Autodesk Construction Cloud has over 150 technology partners with integrations enabled via Forge or Partner Cards? All of the products in ACC (i.e., Assemble, PlanGrid, BuildingConnected, and BIM 360) can connect with common office and construction apps. You could also integrate your solutions using Autodesk Construction Cloud Connect.
In this session, you’ll hear from Autodesk’s key partners across multiple areas — including mixed reality, financials, analytics, safety, and more. Partners will talk about the breadth and depth of various ACC integrations and the workflows you can create from them.
Don’t miss this session if you want to:
- Understand the various ways to integrate ACC
- Learn how to develop an integrated construction tech stack
- Know the common inefficiencies and siloes that integrations can eliminate
- Get project inspiration by hearing directly from Autodesk partners
Speaker: Gino Alberto, Product Marketing Manager, Autodesk
Research from McKinsey found digital transformation in construction can increase productivity by 14-15% and reduce costs by 4-6%. This is why Autodesk is committed to digitizing construction and helping industry professionals leverage a fully connected digital platform throughout design, planning, build, and turnover.
The acquisitions of technologies like BuildingConnected, Pype, and PlanGrid, as well as our investments in companies like Bridgit and Aurigo demonstrate our dedication to the future of construction.
In this session, you’ll hear from Autodesk partners who are solving the different pieces of the technology puzzle, and you’ll discover how Autodesk’s Aurigo investment is helping them grow, research, and adapt to our rapidly changing industry.
This session will touch on:
- How Autodesk looks at Strategic Partnerships in the construction industry
- How the companies that are working alongside Autodesk are benefiting from these collaborations
- How these partnerships will help take your construction technology strategy to the next level
Speaker: Nick Zeeben, Product Manager, Autodesk
This class will shed light on how estimators can use next generation 2D and 3D tech to improve quantification and estimating. Too often, estimating teams lack collaboration, rely on manual processes, and work in silos — which can lead to errors or inaccuracies.This is something that construction firms simply cannot afford. Research from Quickbooks and TSheets found that a quarter of construction companies “would go out of business if they made just two or three inaccurate estimates.”
This session uncovers how technology can address these issues. Plus, you’ll get to see how Autodesk’s tightly integrated preconstruction planning tools work with automated tooling and machine learning.
Attend this session to:
- Learn how to perform 2D and 3D quantification from the Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Learn how you can empower estimators for improved budget and scope planning
- Discover how to improve quantification workflow efficiencies using Autodesk Construction Cloud’s connected environment
Speaker: Paul Jonathan Walker, Senior Product Manager, Autodesk
Get informed on all the latest R&D activities around Connected Coordination — straight from the Autodesk Construction product team. This class covers model coordination, as well as connected workflows from desktop to field, particularly those involving Navisworks and Mobile.
This class will fill you in on:
- The key components of our vision for Autodesk Connected Coordination
- The integrated desktop workflows involving Navisworks and Revit
- How to share federated content across the Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Future coordination initiatives
Speaker: Satyam Verma, Senior Associate, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, Autodesk
Project closeout is the most visible and memorable part of a project to ownership, but it is often relegated to the back burner by project teams (including trades) that have already moved on to a new project. Valuable partnerships can quickly sour when project turnover goes poorly.
In this session, you’ll learn the keys to building trust between a general contractor and a project owner, how the challenges facing each relate to that relationship, and how to overcome them to transform closeout into a source of value rather than a weak point in the project timeline.
This session will show you:
- The value of a strong owner/GC partnership
- How to build trust within the owner and GC partnership relationship
- Key points of the closeout process that can create positive impact on these relationships
Speaker: John Sanner, Technical Marketing Manager, Autodesk
Construction projects involve several moving parts, and teams need the right tools to support various workflows, including QA/QC, safety, RFIs, cost and progress. And while these tools are important, having multiple applications and processes can lead to poor information access and lack of collaboration between team members in the field.
What’s more, many tools today are built either just for field workers on their mobile device or office workers on their computers.
We’re envisioning Autodesk Construction Cloud to offer smooth connectivity across projects and teams. In this session, Autodesk will provide an update on the future product roadmap for field and project management capabilities. Get excited and know what’s up and coming in the realm of Autodesk Construction Cloud.
Attend this class to:
- Get an exclusive peek at Autodesk’s product roadmap for the field and project management tools in the Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Learn the advantages of having a single platform for your construction projects
- Connect with the Autodesk R&D team to provide input on the roadmap
- Know the timing of upcoming Autodesk Construction Cloud product updates to get an idea of what’s coming up.
Ready to Build the Future?
One of the best ways to gear up for the future of construction is to educate yourself on the trends and technologies that’ll help you and your team get to where you need to be. Attend AU 2020 and get clued in on what Autodesk is up to and how you can use these tools for construction success. But don’t miss out. You must register to access the hundred of free learning and development opportunities.
See you there!
Looking for more curated class views? Take a look at our Autodesk University blogs.