It will be here before you know it—Autodesk University 2021, a top construction industry event that promises to bring even more value and insight this year, and we want you to be a part of it! Our call for proposals is now open, and you can share your expertise, ideas, and insights by entering to be one of our construction session speakers.
Autodesk University 2021 is a global event that will offer exciting keynotes, interactive workshops, and valuable learning sessions from some of the industry’s leading innovators.
You can apply to join this dynamic group of experts and thought leaders by leading your very own session. Submit your proposal between March 30 and April 30, 2021 to be considered as an Autodesk University 2021 speaker. However, we suggest you submit your proposal as early as possible to get the most amount of time for the public vote.
Read on for more details about Autodesk University 2021 and our call for construction proposals to find out how you can become a speaker at this year’s groundbreaking event.
What Is Autodesk University?
Professionals in the construction, design, manufacturing, media, and engineering fields attend Autodesk University each year to connect, trade knowledge, and explore the technologies shaping these converging industries and the world. Each year, the conference explores themes relating to the future of the construction industry, and provides excellent educational, professional development, and networking opportunities to attendees.
More than 100,000 people from more than 200 countries attended AU 2020, a digital experience that attracted an audience of product users, managers, executives, business leaders, and software developers.
What Topics and Themes Will Be Prioritized at AU 2021?
This year, for the construction team, the AU 2021 theme will be the ongoing digital transformation of industry. Whether you’ve been on your digital journey for a long time now, or are just starting out — we want to hear from you. Show us how your work is advancing practice in your field, and how you use technology in new ways to foster efficiency, increase resilience, respond to disruption, improve quality and safety, cultivate sustainability, and win more business. We also want to know the insights and strategies you use to improve equity and diversity in your organization.
We want to hear from you if you’re starting to adopt our recently launched unified Autodesk Construction Cloud platform, whether that be Autodesk Takeoff for quantification, Autodesk BIM Collaborate for coordination, or Autodesk Build for project management, cost management, quality, and field management. We’d also love to learn how you are utilizing BuildingConnected for bid and risk management and Pype for workflows like submittals and closeout.
Key Autodesk University Topics and Themes for Construction
Autodesk University is an opportunity to share your knowledge, insight, and expertise with a huge audience of construction industry professionals. Topics we’re looking speakers to share insights on include:
- Connected Construction: How are you digitizing the site office and construction site to enable you to better connect stakeholders and improve decision making? How are you combining technologies, leveraging data, or customizing workflows to increase collaboration and improve project outcomes?
- Next Generation BIM: How are you using BIM to reduce risk, improve outcomes and maintain a single source of truth, from initial concepting through construction, and into building operations and management?
- Industrialized Construction: How are you adopting industrialized construction? Are you employing prefabrication, Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), or advanced manufacturing techniques?
- Automation: How are you using construction automation and robotics to streamline work and support your teams? How do tools like computational design and machine learning help you design more creatively and build more efficiently?
- Sustainability: How are you using digital tools to design and build to achieve sustainability standards and goals? How are you using advanced technology to create sustainable and resilient designs to benefit communities?
- Advancing the Industry: What programs are you building to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in the construction industry?
Types of Autodesk University Sessions and Classes
We’re accepting proposals for four primary class types this year:
- Industry talks: Lecture format for sharing thought leadership, industry insights, case studies, and other innovative experiences. No product demonstration is required.
- Instructional demos: Skills-based instructional format sharing workflows, processes, tips and tricks, and Autodesk product knowledge. In-depth product demonstrations are featured.
- Panels: Conversational format with 3-5 experts facilitated by the speaker showcasing viewpoints and insights on an industry topic.
- Autodesk Product Briefings: Autodesk employees who are product experts share updates, road maps, and insider views of product development efforts.
Looking for Inspiration for your Proposal?
Last year we had over 150 classes, panels, and sessions to help you upskill and learn more about the industry. Take a look at previously accepted sessions for inspiration and ideas on what makes a good class. You can still find these sessions, keynotes, and all previous years sessions on the Autodesk University Construction homepage.
How to Submit a Proposal
Submit your proposal via the AU 2021 proposals page. You’ll need an Autodesk ID to sign in. If you don’t already have an Autodesk ID, you’ll be prompted to create one. We recommend drafting your ideas offline using the Proposal Worksheet, as well as viewing sample proposals, both available on this page, prior to submitting. Do not submit test proposals.
What Happens Next?
Proposals go through an extensive review process of industry experts and your peers. We consider how well proposals align with the specified topics and themes, industry trends and best practices, the holistic AU experience, AU community votes, and how content will support year-round learning initiatives globally. Improve your chances of getting accepted by sharing your proposal for voting, each proposal will have a unique URL to share with your social networks.
Have Questions About AU 2021 Proposals?
Want to learn more about how to get your AU 2021 proposal accepted or specific details on the selection process? We have pulled together a useful Proposal Requirements FAQ to guide you on everything you need to know about the process. You’ll find more details and a complete guide to session proposals here.
Submit Your Proposal Today!
Submit your Autodesk University 2021 construction session proposal by April 30. Remember, the earlier you submit, the better for voting. We can’t wait to hear from you!